Recently I was trying to compile a Top Five list of parenting books for a colleague.
There are so many titles out there, I thought it would be helpful to edit a few into a list for parents who are hoping to take a mindful, emotionally intelligent approach to family life. These are the books I use and love.
1. Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting; by Myla Kabat-Zinn and Jon Kabat-Zinn
2. Raising and Emotionally Intelligent Child: The Heart of Parenting; by John Gottman and Joan DeClaire
3. Parenting from the Inside Out; by Daniel Siegel and Mary Hartzell
4. Playful Parenting; by Lawrence J. Cohen
5. The Kazdin Method for Parenting the Defiant Child; by Alan E. Kazdin (a research-based approach to discipline)